Stellenanzeige: Expert (m/f/d) in High Performance and Parallel Computing with special focus on Biomedical
The Leibniz Computing Centre of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities has been the competent IT partner of Munich's universities and colleges as well as scientific institutions in Bavaria, Germany and Europe for almost 60 years. It offers the complete range of IT services and technologies as well as consulting and support - from e-mail, web servers, internet access and virtual machines to cloud solutions and the Munich Science Network (MWN). With the SuperMUC-NG supercomputer, the LRZ is one of the leading international supercomputing centres and focuses on emerging technologies, artificial intelligence and machine learning as well as quantum computing in the area of future computing. Last but not least, the AI agency based at the LRZ is significantly driving the implementation of Bavaria's AI strategy.
To strengthen our HPC user support team in the field of Biomedical HPC applications, we are looking for an
Expert (m/f/d) in High Performance and Parallel Computing
with special focus on Biomedical
HPC Applications and Data Management
in a full-time position as soon as possible to support LRZ’s activities in the EU-funded CompBioMed Centre of Excellence.
Your Key Tasks:
- Coordinate data management and curation efforts in the project.
- Install, maintain and support key biomedical applications.
- Evaluate operation and porting strategies for biomedical applications on prospective Exascale systems.
- Keep contact with biomedical users and the scientific community and help them to track and solve their HPC problems.
- Support optimization efforts for biomedical applications.
Your Core Qualifications:
- PhD or university (post) graduate degree, diploma, master’s degree or equivalent in a scientifically oriented subject (computational science, physics, engineering, mathematics, chemistry, life sciences etc.) with a strong background in life sciences.
- Programming skills in a higher-order programming language (C, C++, Fortran) or scripting language (Python, R, etc.).
- Experience in Parallel Programming (i.e. MPI, OpenMP, Cuda) and performance analysis, libraries and tools.
- Scientific data management, data curation, FAIR principles.
- Knowledge of HPC environments and system software.
- Good oral presentation and writing skills in English.
- Adequate communication and organization skills and capacity for teamwork.
- Experience working in EU-funded collaborative projects.
We offer you a varied and challenging job in one of the largest and most innovative scientific computing centres in Europe with flexible working hours, a family-friendly atmosphere, a very good working atmosphere and a great deal of creative freedom. You will work independently in a dynamic, cooperative and innovative working environment.
Salary and benefits are compensated according to the collective employment agreement of the German Federal States (Tarifvertrag der Länder, TV-L) in salary group E13. As an institute of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities, we actively promote gender equality. Within the framework of the regulations of SGB IX, applications from disabled persons will be given priority if they are equally qualified. We welcome applicants regardless of their cultural or social background.
This full-time position is initially limited to 2 years and is to be filled immediately. A further employment after the end of the fixed term is intended.
You can count on us! And we can count on you?
Then please send us your application documents (please by e-mail as an attached PDF document) by 30.11.2021 to:
Betreff: CompBioMed (2021/57)
→ Informationen über die Erhebung personenbezogener Daten im Rahmen des Bewerbungsverfahrens