Job: Scientific Employee (f/m/d) for Education and Training
Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ) has been at the forefront of its field as a world-class IT service and computing centre serving Munich's top universities and colleges as well as research institutions in Bavaria, Germany and Europe for almost 60 years. As an institute of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities, it is dedicated to providing an optimal IT infrastructure to its customers throughout the scientific community offering the complete range of IT services and technologies as well as consulting and support - from e-mail and web servers to internet access, virtual machines, cloud solutions and the Munich Scientific Network (MWN). Being home to SuperMUC-NG, the LRZ functions as one of three national HPC centres in Germany serving as the backbone for progressive research and discovery. LRZ pursues a leading role in ‘Future Computing’ focusing on emerging technologies, artificial intelligence and machine learning as well as quantum computing.
We are currently looking for a
Scientific Employee (f/m/d) for Education and Training
In cooperation with the training experts at LRZ and the other two German federal supercomputing centres in Jülich and Stuttgart, you will analyse, develop and expand the existing training portfolio of LRZ and GCS. The position will be funded through the European project EuroCC (EuroHPC National Competence Centres) in Task 2.2 “Training and Skills Development”. As task leader you will coordinate the team of people contributing to the task and focus on extending and promoting the training activities to support users in academia and industry.
Role and Responsibilities:
As part of your work in the EuroCC project you will:
- analyse and catalogue the current state-of-the-art in HPC, HPDA and AI training in Germany and Europe
- collect and share best practices, available resources and mechanisms for training
- identify new participants from academia and industry, esp. SMEs
- identify missing topics, domains and course formats for the target audiences
- create new dissemination channels to promote the training activities and reach out to a broader audience in academia and industry
- integrate the target audiences in the design loop with domain specific workshops and round table discussions
- compile and offer tailored courses and workshops
- develop new course formats like hackathons, MOOCs, webinars, pre-recorded lectures and other e-learning methods
- support the course and workshop planning, organisation, administration and dissemination at LRZ
- work closely with the training staff and technical experts from LRZ and the other GCS centres
- interact with vendors and academic partners from German and European universities and research institutes
- You own a university degree (diploma, master) in computer science, mathematics or a comparable university degree.
- You have professional experience in the field of education and training or course management.
- You have experience in the development of training material.
- You are highly proficient in spoken and written English with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You have strong didactical, pedagogical and organisational skills.
- You have good knowledge in programming languages like C/C++, Fortran, Python and in parallel programming in the fields of HPC, HPDA and AI.
- You like to continuously learn and teach new things and you want to improve your own skills.
- Your cooperative attitude towards colleagues from different GCS centres go along with excellent coordination skills.
- Your own demands towards the quality of your work, a responsible work attitude and a high amount of intrinsic motivation are among your personal strengths.
We offer a multifaceted and intellectually stimulating position with flexible working hours and a good work life balance in one of the largest and most innovative scientific data centres in Europe.
Working in a top-level German, European and international scientific environment with access to a large network of partners in high-level IT methods and technologies
If you are interested and a topic matching your work theme can be identified, a subsequent doctoral graduation is possible.
Salary and benefits are compensated according to the collective employment agreement of the German Federal States (Tarifvertrag der Länder, TV-L). Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. LRZ staff are permitted to work on flexible work time schedules. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. As an Institute of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences, we are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourage applications from women and men alike, regardless of their social or cultural background.
This full-time position will initially be limited to 2 years and is to be staffed immediately.
You can count on us! Can we count on you?
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application documents (including cover letter, CV and certificates) in a single PDF file via e-mail by latest 31.12.2020:
Subject: EUROCC-EDU (2020/37)
If you have open questions regarding this position, our colleagues are happy to answer them.
→ Informationen über die Erhebung personenbezogener Daten im Rahmen des Bewerbungsverfahrens