Job: Computer Scientist or IT Specialist (f/m/d) for Big Data/AI
Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ) has been at the forefront of its field as a world-class IT service and computing centre serving Munich's top universities and colleges as well as research institutions in Bavaria, Germany and Europe for almost 60 years. As an institute of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities, it is dedicated to providing an optimal IT infrastructure to its customers throughout the scientific community offering the complete range of IT services and technologies as well as consulting and support - from e-mail and web servers to internet access, virtual machines, cloud solutions and the Munich Scientific Network (MWN). Being home to SuperMUC-NG, the LRZ functions as one of three national HPC centres in Germany serving as the backbone for progressive research and discovery. LRZ pursues a leading role in ‘Future Computing’ focusing on emerging technologies, artificial intelligence and machine learning as well as quantum computing.
We are currently looking for a
Computer Scientist or IT Specialist (f/m/d) for Big Data/AI
The position will be situated in the European project EuroCC (EuroHPC National Competence Centres) in Task 2.5 “Mapping of HPC/Big Data/AI Technical Competences in Germany”. Apart from investigating the current situation of HPC, Big Data and AI technologies and competences you will also gain a deep insight into the shaping and development of Big Data and AI services for the German scientific ecosystem. As such we will welcome you as new team member in LRZ’s Big Data und Artificial Intelligence Team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- As part of your work in EuroCC you will
- conduct a study of the existing High Performance Computing (HPC), Big Data Analytics (BD) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) competences in Germany
- implement and maintain a map of competences
- supporting interested entities to get in touch with the respective experts,
- assure that the outcomes of this task will directly support specific target tasks.
- As talk lead you will coordinate the team of people contributing to and drive the efforts to reach the he tasks’ goals.
- You will work closely with domain specific experts from LRZ and the other GCS centres to understand already existing and further growing HPC, BD and AI competences
- Close interaction with partners from Bavarian universities researching in the HPC, BD and domains will complete your activities
- You own a university degree (Bachelor, master, PhD or equivalent) in computer science, mathematics or a comparable university degree
- You have good knowledge in the fields data analytics / data mining and/or machine/deep learning, ideally in combination with additional knowledge in high performance computing
- You like to continuously learn new things and you want to improve your own skills
- Your cooperative attitude towards colleagues from different GCS centres go along with excellent communication skills and do complete your personal profile
- You keep track of all relevant details and at the same time you are able to put assessments and derived recommendations into the bigger picture of the project
- Your own demands towards the quality of your work, a responsible work attitude and a high amount of intrinsic motivation are among your personal strengths
We offer a multifaceted and intellectually stimulating position with flexible working hours and a family-friendly atmosphere in one of the largest and most innovative scientific data centres in Europe. You will work in a dynamic, collaborative and innovative environment characterised by an excellent working atmosphere and creative leeway. If you are interested and a topic matching your work theme can be identified, a subsequent doctoral graduation is possible.
Salary and benefits are compensated according to the collective employment agreement of the German Federal States (Tarifvertrag der Länder, TV-L). Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. LRZ operates flexible work schemes. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. As an Institute of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences, we are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourage applications from women and men alike, regardless of their social or cultural background.
This full-time position will initially be limited to 2 years and is to be staffed immediately.
You can count on us! Can we count on you?
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application documents (including cover letter, CV and certificates) in a single PDF file via e-mail by latest 31.12.2020:
Subject: NCC-Task-Lead (2020/36)
If you have open questions regarding this position, our colleagues are happy to answer them.
→ Informationen über die Erhebung personenbezogener Daten im Rahmen des Bewerbungsverfahrens