Stellenausschreibung Working student / Studentische Hilfskraft (f/m/d) for development activities on the Magneticum Web Portal
The Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ) has been at the forefront of its field as a world-class IT service and computing centre serving Munich's top universities and colleges as well as research institutions in Bavaria, Germany and Europe for almost 60 years. As an institute of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities, it is dedicated to providing an optimal IT infrastructure to its customers throughout the scientific community offering the complete range of IT services and technologies as well as consulting and support - from e-mail and web servers to internet access, virtual machines, cloud solutions and the Munich Scientific Network (MWN). Being home to SuperMUC-NG, the LRZ functions as one of three national HPC centres in Germany serving as the backbone for progressive research and discovery. LRZ pursues a leading role in ‘Future Computing’ focusing on emerging technologies, artificial intelligence and machine learning as well as quantum computing.
For the project PROMO - Portal goes Cosmology we are currently looking for a
Working student / Studentische Hilfskraft (f/m/d) for development activities on the Magneticum Web Portal
The web portal for hydrodynamical simulations (https://c2papcosmosim.uc.lrz.de) was one of the major achievements in the collaboration between the Excellence Cluster "Universe" and the LRZ. The frontend is hosted on LRZ virtual machines and allows scientists worldwide to directly access outcome of the large, Magneticum set of cosmological, hydrodynamical simulations (www.magneticum.org) which are stored on the Data Science Storage (DSS) infrastructure at LRZ. It allows to perform post processing (utilizing C2PAP infrastructure) on the complex outcome of these simulations. With the awarded seed project grant of the Excellence Cluster "Origins" we will make the first steps towards the next generation of the web portal.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Extending the web portal functionalities by implementing in the backend new analysis (construction of light cones), already developed in previous projects;
- Moving new data products to the LRZ DSS and thus making them available through the Web Portal;
- Ensuring the availability of the Web Portal service to its users.
- Basic IT knowledge;
- Experience with markup languages such as HTML, XML, YAML and with JSON;
- Good level of proficiency in English, preferably also some in German;
- Experience with using Linux.
We offer you:
· a workspace directly at the Garching Campus, close to TUM FMI;
· initial training in the LRZ's AstroLab team for getting into the topic;
· an interesting, multi-disciplinary working environment;
· collaborative working spirit but also freedom to work at your own responsibility;
· flexible working times in line with your studies;
· negotiable weekly working time, up to 8.5 hours.
You can count on us! Can we count on you?
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application documents (including cover letter, CV and certificates) in a single PDF file via e-mail by latest 31.08.2020:
Stichwort: Web Portal (2020/20)
If you have open questions regarding this position, our colleagues are happy to answer them.
Please follow www.lrz.de/wir/stellen for information regarding the EU General Data Protection Regulation and our application procedure.