Stellenangebot: IT specialist medical informatics / eHealth (f/m/d)
Leibniz Supercomputing Centre of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities provides ICT services to Munich and growing number of Bavarian universities and research organisations. LRZ as one of three members of Gauss Centre for Supercomputing, delivers top-tier HPC services on the national and European levels. We support ground-breaking research and education throughout a wide range of scientific disciplines offering to academic communities highly available, secure and energy-efficient Digital services based on cutting-edge ICT technologies.
We are currently looking for an
IT specialist medical informatics / eHealth (f/m/d)
P4 medicine (predictive, preventive, personalized, participatory) is one of the world's most promising developments for improved, holistic and efficient health care. You will work in the DigiMed Bayern project funded by the Bavarian government. Its goal is to guide Bavaria into the medicine of the future.
The offered position deals with the central digital axis of the DigiMed Bayern project, which provides a platform to ensure secure and GDPR compliant data access by implementing a powerful, scalable IT infrastructure and integration of analytical tools, machine learning technologies and knowledge management systems.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design, implementation, operation and maintenance of the DigiMed IT infrastructure based on the user requirements and on the existing infrastructures;
- Support of cross-institutional communication of the project partners within the IT infrastructure to support a seamless and secure exchange and integration of the research data towards a high interoperability of the involved institutions;
- Design tailor-made eHealth solutions for the particular use-cases to consolidate heterogeneous IT ecosystems of the different clinical institutions and centers;
- Cooperate with other partners involved in the IT work-package to enhance workflow efficiency and data management;
- Monitor further developments in the eHealth field, keep partners informed and integrate upcoming and future technologies into the comprehensive data management system.
- University degree (bachelor/master) in computer science, mathematics, natural sciences, preferably in bioinformatics, medical/health informatics or other medical technology-related fields;
- Knowledge or working experience in Big Data/AI field, with database technologies or similar;
- Good knowledge of English or German, or both (the later would be of advantage);
- Experience with high performance or cloud computer systems, system administration tools, scientific software and research data management;
- Desirably, experience of working on the interfaces of IT and Medicine, such as e-Infrastructure, eHealth and mHealth.
- You like to work in a project-like setting, keeping track of all relevant details and at the same time turning results and achievements into recommendations supporting the bigger picture of an academic IT service centre.
- Your own expectations towards the quality of your work, a responsible work attitude and a high amount of intrinsic motivation are among your personal strengths.
- Your cooperative attitude towards academic users of LRZ goes along with excellent communication skills completing your personal profile. This includes participation in the project events and represent the project at different events.
We offer a multifaceted and intellectually stimulating position with flexible working hours and a family-friendly atmosphere in one of the largest and most innovative scientific data centres in Europe. You will work in a dynamic, collaborative and innovative environment characterised by an excellent working atmosphere and creative leeway.
Salary and benefits are compensated according to the collective employment agreement of the German Federal States ”Tarifvertrag der Länder” (TV-L). Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. LRZ operates flexible work schemes. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. As an institute of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities, we are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourage applications from women and men alike, regardless of their social or cultural background.
This full-time position, to be staffed immediately, is connected to the DigiMed Bayern project and will initially be limited to 4 years.
You can count on us! Can we count on you?
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application documents (including cover letter, CV and certificates) in a single PDF file via e-mail by latest 08.12.2019:
Stichwort: eHealth (2019/40)
If you have open questions, Dr. Anton Frank (research coordinator) is happy to answer them: E-Mail: email@example.com, Phone: 089/35831-7841.
→ Informations regarding the EU General Data Protection Regulation and our application procedure. (German)