Stellenangebot: Biomedical HPC Applications and Data Management
Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (Leibniz-Rechenzentrum, LRZ) of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities is the IT Service Provider for all Munich universities as well as a growing number of research organisations throughout Bavaria. In addition to this regional focus, LRZ also plays an important role as a member of GCS (Gauss Centre for Supercomputing), delivering top-tier HPC services on the national and European level. We support ground-breaking research and education throughout a wide range of scientific disciplines by offering highly available, secure and energy-efficient services based on cutting-edge IT technology.
We are looking for an
Expert in High Performance and Parallel Computing
with focus on
Biomedical HPC Applications and Data Management
to support LRZ’s activities in the CompBioMed2 project.
CompBioMed2 is a European Commission H2020 funded Centre of Excellence focussed on the use and development of computational methods for biomedical applications.
Your Key Tasks:
Coordinate data management and curation efforts in the project.
- Install, maintain and support key biomedical applications.
- Evaluate operation and porting strategies for biomedical applications on prospective Exascale systems.
- Keep contact with biomedical users and the scientific community and help them to track and solve their HPC problems.
- Support project partners to develop high performance data analytics techniques for drug selection, optimal parameter selection in cardiac modelling, and in silico trials
Your Core Qualifications:
PhD or university (post) graduate degree, diploma, master’s degree or equivalent in a scientifically oriented subject (computational science, physics, engineering, mathematics, chemistry, life sciences etc.) with a strong background in life sciences.
- Programming skills in a higher-order programming language (C, C++, Fortran) or scripting language (bash, Python, R, etc.).
- Experience in Parallel Programming (i.e. MPI, OpenMP, Cuda) and performance analysis, libraries and tools.
- Knowledge of HPC environments and system software.
- Experience with HPC applications in the field of molecular modelling and biomedical applications.
- Good oral presentation and writing skills in German or English.
- Adequate communication and organization skills and capacity for teamwork.
We offer a multifaceted and intellectually stimulating position with flexible working hours and a family-friendly atmosphere in one of the largest and most innovative scientific data centres in Europe. You will work in a dynamic, collaborative and innovative team characterised by an excellent working atmosphere and creative leeway. LRZ supports professional development and training for its employees. A doctoral graduation is possible, if you are interested and a topic matching your work theme can be identified. Salary and benefits are compensated according to the collective employment agreement of the German Federal States (Tarifvertrag der Länder, TV-L). Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties.
LRZ operates flexible work schemes. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. As an Institute of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences, we are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourage applications from women. The position is initially limited to 2 years and is available immediately.
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application documents (including cover letter, CV and certificates) in a single PDF file via e-mail by latest October 23th 2019:
Stichwort: Compbiomed2 (2019/41)
If you have open questions, please contact Dr. Gerald Mathias (Application Support Group, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 089/35831-7857)
→ Informationen über die Erhebung personenbezogener Daten im Rahmen des Bewerbungsverfahrens