Job Opening: Experts in High Performance and Parallel Computing
Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (Leibniz-Rechenzentrum, LRZ) of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities is the IT Service Provider for all Munich universities as well as a growing number of research organisations throughout Bavaria. In addition to this regional focus, LRZ also plays an important role as a member of GCS (Gauss Centre for Supercomputing), delivering top-tier HPC services on the national and European level. We support ground-breaking research and education throughout a wide range of scientific disciplines by offering highly available, secure and energy-efficient services based on cutting-edge IT technology.
We are looking for
Experts in High Performance and Parallel Computing
HPC Application Specialists
to complement the LRZ’s Application Support Group with primarily focus areas of
-Life Sciences and Chemistry
Your Key Tasks:
- Optimize and improve key scientific applications for LRZ’s current and upcoming top-class HPC systems.
- Participate in application development for prospective Exascale systems.
- Keep contact with our users and scientific communities and help them to track and solve their HPC problems.
- Organize and promote trainings, courses and scientific outreach activities.
Your Core Qualifications:
- PhD or university (post) graduate degree, diploma, master’s degree or equivalent in a scientifically oriented subject (astrophysics, life sciences, computational chemistry, as well as computational sciences, mathematics, physics etc.).
- Good (parallel) programming skills in at least one higher-order programming language (C, C++, Fortran) and at least one scripting language (bash, Python, R, etc.).
- Experience in Parallel Programming (i.e. MPI, OpenMP, Cuda) and performance analysis, libraries and tools.
- Knowledge of HPC environments and system software.
- Experience with HPC applications in the field of either astrophysics or quantum chemistry and/or molecular modelling.
- Good oral presentation and writing skills in German or English.
- Adequate communication skills and capacity for teamwork.
We offer a multifaceted and intellectually stimulating position with flexible working hours and a family-friendly atmosphere in one of the largest and most innovative scientific data centres in Europe. You will work in a dynamic, collaborative and innovative team characterised by an excellent working atmosphere and creative leeway. LRZ supports professional development and training for its employees. A doctoral graduation is possible, if you are interested and a topic matching your work theme can be identified. Salary and benefits are compensated according to the collective employment agreement of the German Federal States (Tarifvertrag der Länder, TV-L). Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties.
LRZ operates flexible work schemes. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. As an Institute of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences, we are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourage applications from women. The position is initially limited to 2 years and immediately available.
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application documents (including cover letter, CV and certificates) in a single PDF file via e-mail by latest February 28th 2018:
Subject: HPC Expert (2018/04)
If you have open questions, please contact Dr. Matthias Brehm (Leader Application Support Group, email@example.com, Tel: 089/35831-8773)