SC16: International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis
Supercomputing is for sure one of the most important annual events for Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ). Hence, you will find us there again this year:
From Nov 13 to Nov 18, 2016 In Salt Lake City, Utah
LRZ will engage in the following activities onsite:
- Booth #3756: Visit us on the show floor and talk to our expert colleagues from Tue, Nov 15 to Thu, Nov 17.
- Emerging Technologies: Learn about our latest developments in energy efficient data centre operations. Watch out for booth #155-B ‘Towards 100% mechanical chiller free data centre.’
- Tutorial: Prof Dieter Kranzlmüller, LMU and member of the LRZ board, will co-host the session titled ‘Power Aware High Performance Computing’ on Sun, Nov 13 at 8:30am. For details, please see here.
- Best Paper Award: ‘The Mont-Blanc Project – An Alternative Approach for HPC Systems’ is nominated for this year’s best paper award. Authored by Nicola Rajovic, BSC, and co-authored by various LRZ colleagues, the paper will be presented on Wed, Nov 16, at 11:30 am. More info here.
- Intel Fellow Traveller Tour: will stop at the LRZ booth and highlight the joint achievements within the Intel Parallel Computing Center.
Additionally, LRZ is involved in activities organised by OpenHPC, a collaborative, community effort with the aim of providing re-usable building blocks for the HPC community. Amongst others, these include a Birds-of-a-Feather (BoF) session titled ‘OpenHPC Community BoF’ to be held on Wed, Nov 16 from 1:30-3:00pm as well as a paper presentation at the HPC Systems Professionals Workshop HPCSYSPROS16 taking place on Monday, Nov 14, 2016, at 4:20pm.
Established in 1988 by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and the IEEE Computer Society, the annual SC is the world’s largest conference and exhibit in the high performance computing area. It has grown steadily and by now attracts more than 12.000 participants each year.