Intel Advisor: A tool to guide parallelization
What is the Intel(R) Advisor XE
- Analyze, design, tune and check your threading design before implementation
- Explore and test threading options without disrupting normal development
- Predict thread errors & performance scaling on systems with more cores
Advisor availability on LRZ's HPC platforms
VTune is provided on HPC systems which are based on Intel processors. On non-Intel processors only partial functionality may be available.
How to use Advisor
Before calling the tool either via the command line interface (command advixe-cl) or the GUI (command advixe-gui), please type the following command:
module load advisor_xe
The GUI allows you to build analysis projects, specify an executable as well as various parameters for execution and analysis modes. Please consult the documentation referenced below for a description of the many options this tool offers.
- The documentation for Intel Advisor is available on the systems via the environment variable $ADVISOR_XE_DOC. This includes tutorial material.
- Manual pages for the commands can be consulted when running with the GUI.
- Intel Advisor XE for Linux