The Intel Compiler Code-Coverage and Test-Priorization Tools are part of the Intel Commpiler suite. It is based on the Intel profile-guided optimization (PGO) technology and only available for Intel Compilers.
The routines have to be compiled with the -prof_gen or -profgenx option.
Note: This option adds considerable execution overhead (up to a factor of 10).
How to use codecov:
- compile with -prof_genx:
ifort -prof_genx ....
this will also produce the file with static profile information: pgopti.spi
(as only one file ist produced, parallel compilation with make -j is NOT possible)
- run the application with typical input sets:
a.out < data1
a.out < data2
- merge the generated .dyn files into one (.dpi) file:
- Help about codecov and its options:
- Run The Code Coverage Tool:
- View the HTML pages with browser: