Linux Cluster: Scheduled outage Nov 27
Dear users of the Linux Cluster Systems at LRZ,
to complete the next step of the storage migration to DSS, which involves switching the HOME directories from NAS to DSS,
an interruption of one working day is needed.
This outage has been scheduled to start on November 27, 2019, at 8:00 am. Some hours will be needed to perform final synchronisation of data, and the IDM entries for HOME will be switched to the new HOME area.
The following actions are required on your part after the maintenance has completed:
- SLURM job scripts, other scripts, or files that contain absolute path names may need to be appropriately changed.
- the path name for error and output files of SLURM scripts should not contain environment variables. They should use relative path name specifications. Please look at the recently updated SLURM example scripts.
- Otherwise, scripts can use appropriately coded environment variables for HOME, or relative path names
- Path names inside configuration files typically should be specified relative to the file path
- Because of the change of the HOME path name outstanding SLURM jobs will be removed from the queue (since they would otherwise crash) and require resubmission by you.