VI-HPS Tuning Workshop
Date: Monday, Apr 23, 2018 09:00 - Friday Apr 27, 2018 18:00
Further information and registration: https://events.prace-ri.eu/event/648/overview
This workshop organized by VI-HPS, LRZ and IT4Innovations for the PRACE Advanced Training Centre (PATC) at LRZ will:
- give an overview of the VI-HPS programming tools suite
- explain the functionality of individual tools, and how to use them effectively
- offer hands-on experience and expert assistance using the tools
To foster the Czech-German collaboration in high performance computing, a contingent of places has been reserved for participants from the Czech Republic.
Presentations and hands-on sessions are planned on the following topics
- Setting up, welcome and introduction
- Score-P instrumentation and measurement
- Scalasca automated trace analysis
- Vampir interactive trace analysis
- Periscope/PTF automated performance analysis and optimisation
- Extra-P automated performance modeling
- Paraver/Extrae/Dimemas trace analysis and performance prediction
- [k]cachegrind cache utilisation analysis
- MAQAO performance analysis & optimisation
- MUST runtime error detection for MPI
- ARCHER runtime error detection for OpenMP
- MAP+PR profiling and performance reports
A brief overview of the capabilities of these and associated tools is provided in the VI-HPS Tools Guide.
The Intel Knights Landing (KNL) based Next-Generation Many-Core Cluster "CoolMUC3" will be used for the workshop.