Grid middleware is the system software between applications and operationg system.
Grid middleware provides to applications services like:
- Service integration
- Resouce monitoring
- Failure detection and revovery
Globus Toolkit 6 (GT6)
You can download and install Globus from their web site.
- Client Tools
- Interactive access
- GSSISSH for Secure Access to LRZ HPC Systems
- GSISSH-TERM: A Java based client to access Grid (supports SFTP and Remote Visualisation)
- GSISSH configuration tricks and remote visualization
- File transfer
- Globus Online: a graphical point&click interface
- Data transfer to SuperMUC: a worked out example
- gtransfer: a more traditional command line interface
- globus-url-copy: the command line client included by default in the Globus toolkit, especially suitable for advanced users
- Globus Sharing: share your (big) files world-wide and yet keep control
You can find more information on UNICORE at their webpages.